Heart Disease Expert Forum
air bubbles passing through carotid??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

air bubbles passing through carotid??

hey docs im a 22 year old male, Doc says i have some PACs and tachy cardia- and I've had some episodes where out of nowhere my heart would go from 60- id get a huge nervous surge throughout my body- and then sky rocket to 155 bpm and would last either a minute to 7 minutes lets say and sort of be episodic. im on metoprolol now and have had fewer episodes thank God. my Docs said that theyve heard a Bruit in my carotid arteries and dismiss it because of my age and whatnot but for the second time now, when iv felt some fluttering in my chest i went to check my pulse in my carotid to see if they were regular or irregular beats and for a few pulsating beats i felt what it would feel like if bubbles were going through my carotid. i know this sounds weird but its the second time it happened. it feels like a distinct squishy swooshing pulse like air bubbles passed through it. is this something i should be concerned with? also note that i have headaches on my left side (behind eye and by temple) and that I've been dizzy.