allergic reaction to mibi dye
I recently moved back to Kentucky after retirement. I had my first MIBI here in October.  I have had a severe case of idiopathic urticaria(hives) with angioedema.  I am diabetic and the steriods to treat the severe reactions are causing blood sugar problems. The question is... This is the first mibi or stress test that the two stages, rest and stress, were don't in the same morning.  I was given dye for both tests.  I have found it is common here because many patients travel to Lexington from Eastern Kentucky.  I have seen several specialist and no cause is given.  The Cardiologist's office has not returned any calls and the other specialists won't talk about another doctor.  I am a retired doctor and am not looking to litigate but to answer questions.  I feel more like an assembly line product rather then a concerned patient.  Has anyone had a similiar problem? Thanks for any feedback.
I've had a severe alergic reaction to the injections given during the cardio stress tests. In November 2010 I spent  five hours at Nuclear Medicine whilst these tests were carried out. In the last stages of the tests when I was in the tunnel for the last time for xrays, I began to feel great distress and my heart felt the size of a medecine ball and as though it was bouncing right out of my chest. Nothing was said to me at the time and I put it down to stress after such a long day. But soon after I began to break out in small pimple like spots which I still put not much importance to until they began to turn into quite large red patches all over my back, arms and other various parts of my body. Some the size of a ten cent piece and others bigger with scales forming on them. I put it down to a connection with Lupus and I myself put the reason being discoid lupus. But I firmly believe that it was all brought on by the injections given during the tests or the excess radiation. As I hadn't had this sort of thing happen previously  can only beleive that this is the cause. No creams or medications thus far have helped control this problem and it is now over eight months and I am no closer to getting any answers. It's like nobody wants to know or they just don't understand. In the meantime I am losing hair because of all the scaling on my scalp that goes with this problem and I fear that it wont be long before I am actually bald. I am a seveny two year old woman. I was given a copy of the paper that Professor Van der Wall produced on Dipyridamole and that is the first ray of sunshine that I have had into any understanding of the problem. I know a number of people who have had reactions to this same treatment and feel that much more notice should be taken of any research that has been or being carried out. With thank, Margaret