Heart Disease Expert Forum
almost blacking out with heart flutters????

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have been batteling symptoms for almost 5 months now with high heart rate, 100-120 and heart flutters, skips and pounding. i wore an event monitor for 30 days and recorded a few of these, but 2 days after it was off, felt the stronges, hardest ones yet. a fast hard few skips, flutters, then i saw everything go balck to pinpoint and sat real still and it was over. i have been checked by 2 heart doctors from columbus ohio and had stress tests and sonogram, passed with flying colors, but the flutters are so scary and especially the last time. i have never almost blacked out. last about 6 seconds. i have read that when this would happen, get checked out. i am scared and wanted to hear an opinion on this. i have had nausea, vomited for 55 days in aow, weight lose, chest pain on left side in middle, but actually sore to touch and if you press in. Doctors are saying anything heart realted, they couldn't "make it hurt" by touch. headaches, fatique, stomach gas real real bad.tingling on left side, arms and legs. i have everytest you can imagine, brain, bone scan, gallbladder, eeg of brain, stomach looked at from inside, blood tests, urines, tyroid, hormone, heart tests, all come back ok. I am 45 female with no signs of female menapulse, periods ok so far.........i am desperate to get better. The heart flutters and skips is what concerns me the most. it is the scarest. Especailly the last one. any advise comments anyone else with same symptoms, anything greatly appreciated. thanks nancyjo
You have several symptoms many of which sound like they could be serious. Almost passing out with a sensatin of heart flutters suggests an arrhythmia. Continuous vomiting sounds serious also. I cannot think of any one diagnosis that would cause all these problems, especially with all the normal tests and doctor evaluations. One additional thought that your doctors may not have considered is to be evaluated for depression. Sometimes depression causes symptoms that appear to be quite physical.
. i have had nausea, vomited for 55 days in aow, weight lose, chest pain on left side in middle, but actually sore to touch and if you press in. Doctors are saying anything heart realted, they couldn't "make it hurt" by touch. headaches, fatique, stomach gas real real bad.tingling on left side, arms and legs. i have everytest you can imagine, brain, bone scan, gallbladder, eeg of brain, stomach looked at from inside, blood tests, urines, tyroid, hormone, heart tests, all come back ok

*****************

Nancy Jo, could it be possible you are experiencing panic attacks when the flutters start?  Have your eating habits changed enough for you to lose the weight at the same time all of this is happening?  Just some idea's here..  Sometimes excess gas can cause referred pain, especially if you have esophageal spasms, which can radiate to shoulder and arm.  Migraines can cause headaches and tingling of arms, as can hyperventilating (often out of panic too)...Have they ruled out cholecystitis or pancreatitis and what kind of gallbladder test did they do?  a sonogram or a contrast?  Have they ruled out kidney stones????
Yes, they checked all you mentioned. Gallbladder tests were blood, ultrsound and function test with injection and took about an hour to watch it empty, fraction test, etc. sounds pretty complete testing. they ruled it out, which surprised me since it was yellow bile i was vomiting for 30 days, but when stomach is empty, not after eating. Getting back the last tests results this week, urine sent to mayo clinic and brain eeg and talking to heart doctor about what he read on 30 day event monitor. if all this looks ok, i will have to think it is/was all stress related. The pain in chest is bothersome. stays so sore and gets worse when i cough or do much. spot about the size of a fist right between breast a little to the left . thanks for responding. my e-mail is ***@****
nancyjo
The pain in chest is bothersome. stays so sore and gets worse when i cough or do much. spot about the size of a fist right between breast a little to the left . thanks for responding. my e-mail is ***@****

I would think then of Fibromyalgia, or Costocondritis?  People with Fibro sometimes have irritable bowel syndrome (hence gas) and digestive issues.  Do you have fibrocystric breasts?  (drink coffee?  that makes it worse)
Have you considered environmntal toxins? Look at www.pbs.org/tradesecrets/transcript.html.