Heart Disease Expert Forum
angina or costochondritis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

angina or costochondritis

Hi there i posted a question on another forum so i hope this is allowed as it is a different health problem i have.About7 months ago i was diagonosed as having posiible unstable angina as i had been admitted to hospital a couple of times in the previous 2 months with chest pain and nausea all the blood tests for a heart attack including troponins were absolutely normal so angina was considered and i was given a spray and low dose beta blocker 25mg atenolol to take.Since then i have had 2 echo's done several ordinary ecg's including when i have been having the chest pain and also a stress test where i reached roughly 85% target heart rate(was hard due to the atenolol which iwas told to not stop) and lasted over 9 and 1/2 mins with no changes on ecg and was told apart from a couple of pvc's completely normal.i am still getting chest pain with exertion/movememt but i have noticed it seems to get worse on any kind of movement including reclining or lying in certain positions and my chest feels slightly tender over sternum is this more likely to be a disease like costochondritis as i have been a chronic fatigue syndrome sufferer for years or should i insist on more heart tests i did have an asd repaired 3 years ago,thanks for any info.