Heart Disease Community
angina pain in 24 yr old male, normal test results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

angina pain in 24 yr old male, normal test results

hello, im a 24 yr old male. cholesterol 245, ive been having this left side chest pain for about a yr now. ive had echo,ekgs,stress echo,holter monitor, event monitor, and blood work. i also have been experiencing pac's and pvc's. all my test were normal besides the event monitor which showed the pac's and pvc's. today me and my fiance was about to eat at a restaurant and i started having the severe left side chest pain, radiating down my left arm and into my left hand, was sitting at the table and couldnt eat, felt to bad, and then is just went full blown, severe pain, cold sweats, feeling lightheaded,about to pass out, went to the ER, bp was 150/100. O2 levels was 100%. they did chest xray, urine sample, blood work, and ekg, said everything was completely normal. by the time i got in to do my ekg i was already feeling better. im still having the pain in the same spot right now on and off, with about 2 min breaks in between the pain, its localized on the left side of my chest, like right over my heart. 1.could this be Prinzmetal's angina? 2.could it be coronary artery spasms? are they dangerous? 3.could i have blockages still with all the test that i had? 4.that most recent spell tonight at restaurant felt so much like heart related and had all the signs and symptoms, what else could it have been, could it have been heart related but they didnt catch it at the ER? i still have the chest pain everyday. it comes and goes throughout the day with just very little time where i wont feel it that bad, but even then it will be slightly dull. i had it again yesterday REALLY bad, and i started feeling dizzy, sweating, really hot,short of breath, and just like i was going to pass out, and the pain was in the same spot, left side of chest, left arm,and left hand. i checked my bp and it was 147/96 and pulse rate was 110. a few questions. 1.could i have angina,(blockages), that could be causing the pain but never actually caused a heart attack therefore none of the test that i have had have came to that diagnosis. 2.how is angina picked up on a test? 3.doesnt angina mean your likely to have a heart attack. 4.im VERY inactive, but i noticed when i ran on treadmill that i didnt have the chest pain, i just have it when at rest, and after i exercise. could i have unstable angina and not stable angina?? 5.i also drink alot of beer daily, i dont know how that would cause the heart symptoms that i have but is that possible? Im just mainly curious about me possibly have angina(blockages) but never had damage to my heart therefore all the test are negative and there still might be something possibly wrong with my heart that could possibly lead to a future cardiac event. is there any further testing that i could have to possibly check for this or is there no need? maybe stress test with radioisotopes???????  started to notice stomach symptoms after root canal then the chest pains and other heart symptoms could root canal/gum disease cause my stomach symptoms and chest pain and other heart symptoms (pacs,pvcs?? mouth always feels and tastes bad,bad breath,bleeding gums could the dental work that i had done cause the problems that i have? bc i didnt have these symptoms until like 2 yrs ago after i had the dental procedure. i still have the chest pain everyday. it comes and goes throughout the day with just very little time where i wont feel it that bad, but even then it will be slightly dull. i had it again yesterday REALLY bad, and i started feeling dizzy, sweating, really hot,short of breath, and just like i was going to pass out, and the pain was in the same spot, left side of chest, left arm,and left hand. i checked my bp and it was 147/96 and pulse rate was 110. a few questions. 1.could i have angina,(blockages), that could be causing the pain but never actually caused a heart attack therefore none of the test that i have had have came to that diagnosis. 2.how is angina picked up on a test?  3.doesnt angina mean your likely to have a heart attack.  4.im VERY inactive, but i noticed when i ran on treadmill that i didnt have the chest pain, i just have it when at rest, and after i exercise. could i have unstable angina and not stable angina?? 5.i also drink alot of beer daily, i dont know how that would cause the heart symptoms that i have but is that possible?   Im just mainly curious about me possibly have angina(blockages) but never had damage to my heart therefore all the test are negative and there still might be something possibly wrong with my heart that could possibly lead to a future cardiac event. is there any further testing that i could have to possibly check for this or is there no need? maybe stress test with radioisotopes???????