Heart Disease Community
angina pain in 24 yr old male, normal test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

hello, im a 24 yr old male. cholesterol 245, ive been having this left side chest pain for about a yr now. ive had echo,ekgs,stress echo,holter monitor, event monitor, and blood work. i also have been experiencing pac's and pvc's. all my test were normal besides the event monitor which showed the pac's and pvc's. today me and my fiance was about to eat at a restaurant and i started having the severe left side chest pain, radiating down my left arm and into my left hand, was sitting at the table and couldnt eat, felt to bad, and then is just went full blown, severe pain, cold sweats, feeling lightheaded,about to pass out, went to the ER, bp was 150/100. O2 levels was 100%. they did chest xray, urine sample, blood work, and ekg, said everything was completely normal. by the time i got in to do my ekg i was already feeling better. im still having the pain in the same spot right now on and off, with about 2 min breaks in between the pain, its localized on the left side of my chest, like right over my heart. 1.could this be Prinzmetal's angina? 2.could it be coronary artery spasms? are they dangerous? 3.could i have blockages still with all the test that i had? 4.that most recent spell tonight at restaurant felt so much like heart related and had all the signs and symptoms, what else could it have been, could it have been heart related but they didnt catch it at the ER? i still have the chest pain everyday. it comes and goes throughout the day with just very little time where i wont feel it that bad, but even then it will be slightly dull. i had it again yesterday REALLY bad, and i started feeling dizzy, sweating, really hot,short of breath, and just like i was going to pass out, and the pain was in the same spot, left side of chest, left arm,and left hand. i checked my bp and it was 147/96 and pulse rate was 110. a few questions. 1.could i have angina,(blockages), that could be causing the pain but never actually caused a heart attack therefore none of the test that i have had have came to that diagnosis. 2.how is angina picked up on a test? 3.doesnt angina mean your likely to have a heart attack. 4.im VERY inactive, but i noticed when i ran on treadmill that i didnt have the chest pain, i just have it when at rest, and after i exercise. could i have unstable angina and not stable angina?? 5.i also drink alot of beer daily, i dont know how that would cause the heart symptoms that i have but is that possible? Im just mainly curious about me possibly have angina(blockages) but never had damage to my heart therefore all the test are negative and there still might be something possibly wrong with my heart that could possibly lead to a future cardiac event. is there any further testing that i could have to possibly check for this or is there no need? maybe stress test with radioisotopes???????  started to notice stomach symptoms after root canal then the chest pains and other heart symptoms could root canal/gum disease cause my stomach symptoms and chest pain and other heart symptoms (pacs,pvcs?? mouth always feels and tastes bad,bad breath,bleeding gums could the dental work that i had done cause the problems that i have? bc i didnt have these symptoms until like 2 yrs ago after i had the dental procedure. i still have the chest pain everyday. it comes and goes throughout the day with just very little time where i wont feel it that bad, but even then it will be slightly dull. i had it again yesterday REALLY bad, and i started feeling dizzy, sweating, really hot,short of breath, and just like i was going to pass out, and the pain was in the same spot, left side of chest, left arm,and left hand. i checked my bp and it was 147/96 and pulse rate was 110. a few questions. 1.could i have angina,(blockages), that could be causing the pain but never actually caused a heart attack therefore none of the test that i have had have came to that diagnosis. 2.how is angina picked up on a test?  3.doesnt angina mean your likely to have a heart attack.  4.im VERY inactive, but i noticed when i ran on treadmill that i didnt have the chest pain, i just have it when at rest, and after i exercise. could i have unstable angina and not stable angina?? 5.i also drink alot of beer daily, i dont know how that would cause the heart symptoms that i have but is that possible?   Im just mainly curious about me possibly have angina(blockages) but never had damage to my heart therefore all the test are negative and there still might be something possibly wrong with my heart that could possibly lead to a future cardiac event. is there any further testing that i could have to possibly check for this or is there no need? maybe stress test with radioisotopes???????
anyone?
I am so sorry you are having these issues. I too am having a lot of problems and so far all my testing has been good. I have left side chest pain and left arm pain with pain in my jaw and I get SOB easily. I just had a stess test and an echo. I go back to my doc on Friday for results. I honestly dont have much faith in testing because I have had other issues that went blamed on other things when infact I had a problem.

Anyway I hope you are doing well or have gotten some answers by now. I just wanted you to know you were not alone with all the questions you have.
Thank you for your questions and sharing your experience.

QUOTE: 1.could i have angina,(blockages), that could be causing the pain but never actually caused a heart attack therefore none of the test that i have had have came to that diagnosis. 2.how is angina picked up on a test?  3.doesnt angina mean your likely to have a heart attack.  4.im VERY inactive, but i noticed when i ran on treadmill that i didnt have the chest pain, i just have it when at rest, and after i exercise. could i have unstable angina and not stable angina?? 5.i also drink alot of beer daily, i dont know how that would cause the heart symptoms that i have but is that possible?  

1.>>>>>If you have angina (chest pains due to vessel blackage) would show on a stress test without having had a heart attack.

2.>>>>Agnina is the symptom not a cause.  The underlying cause can be and often is the result of blocked coronary arteries. A stress test will reveal the blockage of any singificance.

3.>>>>>Angina if not properly treated can result in a having a heart attack if not properly treated....usually a slow process.

4.>>>>If the stress test was negative,  you should have not angina due to any coronary blockage.  If there is blockage you would likely have angina with exertion and no angina with rest. But variant angina is caused by spasm of one of the coronary arteries. It generally occurs when you are at REST., often between the hours of midnight and 8:00 AM. It is rare, but can be very painful and frightening.

5.>>>>Yes, you can have an episode of angina and no recognizable heart damage. Or there can be a heart attack caused by lack of blood flow (ischemia).