anther cardio conversion
I have just had my second cardio conversion in a month today. I stayed in sinus rhythm for a couple of days and was starting to feel great. Now  I have 1 st degree AV block and will be off digoxin. My heart is in great condition. The Dr. says I have a heart of a 20 year old ( I am 57). I just have the a. fib. I am on Rhymol, Cardiazdem, Coumadin, a diauretic, and Potassium. I am also Asthmatic. I guess I am scared it will go out again, what can I do to keep it in normal rhythm? I find myself depressed, and really scared to do alot in fear I will go back. I also can tell when out. The s..o.b., chest pain, achy muscles, and edema. Any answers?

This discussion is related to Rythm is perfect afer five months can it last?.
Are you not on Amiodarone HCL or Metroprolol Tartate?  Has your cardiologist talked to you about an ICD to pace your heart to help you avoid future problems?

There seems to be many problems with your heart because of the meds you have.  I myself had rythm problems and it is an ongoing fight.  If you read up on Afib you will find much has been written, studied etc. with many different ideas on treatment.

I would find a good electrophysiologist who works with your cardiologist.

Greg