Aa
A
A
Close
aortic arch calcified atherosclerotic plaque
a  CT thorax w/o contrast indicated that aortic arch calcified atherosclerotic plaque was present.  I am a 70 year old woman.  Is this serious or a common occurrence of aging?  
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
592969 tn?1248329005
How much plaque is there?  Did the doctor say mild, moderate or severe?  Your doctor will most likely prescribe medication to help prevent further plaque buildup or help to reduce it (sometimes if the plaque is not that hard, the medication will reduce it).  This becomes more serious when the diagnosis is porcelein heart valve.  You should watch what you eat and reduce cholesterol and fat from your diet.  Fresh vegetables and brown rice are good to eat along with salmon for the Omega 3.  Avoid processed meats and fast food.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
FOOD IS EVERYTHING. AVOID ALL SATURATED FOOD AND CHOLESTEROL IN FOOD. MY 102 YEAR OLD GRANDMOM JUST DIED AND HER LAST CT SCAN OF HER CHEST SHOWED CALCIFIED ATHEROSCLEROTIC PLAQUE. SHE WAS SEVERAL TIMES FOUND DEHYDRATED AND WAS HALLUCINATING EVERYDAY. SHE HAD DIFFICULTY SLEEPING EVERY THREE DAYS WHICH BECAME EVERY DAY LATER ON. SHE DIED QUICKLY IN A NURSING HOME. MY FAMILY AND I FEEL DEVASTATED BECAUSE ALL HER ORGANS AND VITAL SIGNS WERE FINE. FOOD GIVES LIFE, BUT ALSO TAKES LIFE. YOU MUST WACH WHAT YOU EAT. DO NOT EAT FRIED FOODS. TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
2 hrs ago
4522800 tn?1470329434
Blank
VICourageous commented on VICourageous's status
13 hrs ago
4522800 tn?1470329434
Blank
VICourageous commented on stilltrying1965's status
13 hrs ago
Heart Disease Community Resources