aortic dilation in utero
I am 36 years old and 27 weeks pregnant. My baby was diagnosed with a dilated ascending aorta at 22 weeks gestation. Only the aorta is dilated, the valves, root and walls of the aorta are fine. So is the blood flow. The z score is 2.3 at 22 weeks. (5.3mm).  The widest point of the aorta had grown from 5.3mm to 6.2mm in 5 days.   My partner and I have no sign or immediate history of a connective tissue disorder or BAV. The baby does not have a bicuspid vavle either.  Has anyone evercome across anything like this? My cardiologist siad this is very rare to see in utero.  I have another scan next week to see how much it has grown.  My first baby has down syndrome and a hole in her heart, I have been told that this is no way connected and is most likey a connective tissue disorder of some kind.  we are having a test done on the baby for marfans syndrome but this will take a month for the results and could be inconclusive.  I am so worried and would appreciate any information or knowledge anyone has.

This discussion is related to dilatation of ascending aorta.
There appears to be a large array of tags that may have relevance to your questions.  The links are high lighted above your post.  If you have any further questions you are welcome to respond.  Take care,

Ken