aortic valve replacement while on coumadin
My Mitral Valve was replaced in 1991 with a St June Valve.  I am on Coumadin and aspirin.  I am 83 years old, in generally good health and exercise daily.  I am now told I will need an Aortic Valve replacement within two years.  What complications should this make?  What are my odds of surviving in good condition with a remaining quality of life?  What would be my life expectancy after the surgery?  I need the facts as I must plan for my family.

This discussion is related to coumadin and aortic valve replacement.
Your questions are something you have to discuss with your doctor, the one who is familiar with all our health factors.  

I have a friend who had heart surgery at 92 (est) which included the mitral valve but I think it also inclused the aortic valve.  He had more trouble recovering from surgery than I did (mine was not a problem) but I was "only" 67 when I had a mitral valve repair.

As for life expectancy, I figure I'll be doing well if I get anther 10 years, I'm now 74 and in permanent AFib.  I think a 10 year "window" means it is past time to plan for one's end.  I haven't yet cleaned out all the junk and memorabilia in my basement, garage and shed.  My financial plan is in pretty good order, but that future is always in question as it depend a lot on what the tax and spend nuts in Washington DC decide to do next.
Thanks for your encouraging words.  If the doc's time line is right, I expect to be about 85 when I will need the aortic valve replaced.  I am planning on some good years post surgery, and want to get any feedback from others who have experienced this, or know others who have.  My general health is now excellent other that being on Coumadin because of a mitral valve having been replaced 23 years ago.