Heart Disease Expert Forum
arrhythmia after pacemaker
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

arrhythmia after pacemaker

3 months ago I had a dual chamber pacer (Medtronics  Selection DR 900E)inserted to control an arrhythmia caused by multiple automatic sites which could not be ablated. 2 weeks later I had a cardiac tamponade. Soon afterward later I was in ER due to tach & was started on sotalol 80mg bid. My tachycardia formerly was very rapid flutters which lasted a short time OR very frequent PAC's. Now it is regular artial tach, ranging from 110-180 and lasts for several hours. My dr has suggested increasing the sotalol and/or ablating the AV node. Could the new tach be caused by scar tissue from the effusion or the pacer wires? After all that has happened I am hesitant to have another procedure.  I am an otherwise healthy, althletic person with a satisfying job and don't function well on betablockers.
What would you advise? Thanks for listening.