Heart Disease Expert Forum
arrythmia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

arrythmia

I have paroxysistic supraventricular tachycardia. I'm taking Coreg 6.25 and Rythmol (propafenone hidrochlorate)150mg once daily. I'm 85. Am I on the right medication please?
Dear oldie,

It is hard to give you an accurate assessment of your situation without reviewing your entire history in person.
The medications that you are on help control the heart rate and rhythm. There are a lot of options available nowadays. I can only say that the medications are right if these are helping control your symptoms. You haven't mentioned your symptoms but if these drugs are helping reduce the severity and frequency of your symptoms, you are on the right ones.
Hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19
2 Comments
Blank
The holter showed 13 tachy events in  24  hours, 4 serious, 9 short. in no case was I aware of them, not even discomfort. However, the symptoms I have felt for years, sudden nausea, dizziness, intense fatigue, gut anxiety aches. almost intolerable tingling in arms shoulders and thighs, hour-long sweats, continue as they have been for twenty years before my CAD was disovered (stent RCA May 2010) I unhappily assume they are post trauma anxiety and medicine side effects and must just accept them. Thank you for your carefully reasoned reply.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity