atenolol & exercise
I am a 43 yr old female distance runner and have recently started taking a 25mg dose of Atenolol for the prevention of menstrual migraines. The good news is that it seems to be working however I have noticed fatigue & increased HR while running that I don't usually experience. I realize these can be normal side effects of the drug but since I am only taking the 25mg dose 5-7 days/month is it still possible to experience the side effects while both on & OFF the drug?

Karen
I have exercise induced SVT. I was running 6 miles/day and getting a few SVT jumps to 200+ HR...they lasted a couple of minutes...The Doctor put me on 25 mg of Atenolol. After a month, I couldn't even run 2 miles. My legs fatigued and I would get exhausted. I cut the Atenolol to 12 mg and it was a little better. Now, I've stopped the Atenolol (slowly) and am back running faster and longer...bad news is I get 1 or 2 SVT bouts with a HR over 200 that lasts a couple of minutes. Any suggestions for a different Beta Blocker?