Heart Disease Expert Forum
atriums not beating in unison
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

atriums not beating in unison

i have a pacemaker that works at 100% due to an ablation on the right side of my heart and i have had 4 tricuspid valve replacements and a mitral valve repair.my atriums are not beating in unison. now.  the dr. doesn't want to put in another pacing wire as he feels this can do more harm than good, or just not work at all. am i in danger of a stroke?  the dr. said that he can't tell for sure if i am in a fib because they can't turn the pacing machine down any lower than 30 to see if i have p waves.  can i live normally with my atriums beating like this?  is this ok?
From your description it sounds as though you have a single lead ventricular pacemaker and are 100% pacemaker dependent.  I am not quite sure what you mean by your "atriums are not beating in unison."  Without knowing exactly what the underlying rhythm and more pacemaker specifics I cannot comment on your stroke risk and whether or not you would benefit from the additional pacing wire.  I suggest you review everything in detail with your cardiologist and discuss these issues with them.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank