Heart Disease Community
awareness of heartbeat...help please!

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

awareness of heartbeat...help please!

I am a 29 year old male, 163lbs, 5"10" and I  have been noticing my pulse in some very strange places in my body recently. I believe that is anxiety, but I was wondering, is it normal to see your pulse beating on the inside of your elbow, forearm, and neck.  I run 5-6 times a week and I am in pretty good shape.  I really notice the pulse in my arm and neck after a workout and can also feel my heartbeat on the left side of my chest when lying down (actually feel a 'bulge').  I know this is probably just an overawareness of everything, but I just wanted to see if others experience the same thing.
Yep!   The more you are aware of it.. the more you feel it.   As soon as you get busy it will seem to disappear until you start thinking about it again.. funny how the mind works eh?
I was exactly like this for ages. When I tried to sleep on my left side, i couldn't and i could see my heart beat through my shirt. What is happening to you is so common, it's not even funny. Your are suffering from anxiety and you BP is probably slightly elevated hence you noticing your pulse.

My advice. put to the back of your mind and get on with things. That's what I did and now i don't worry.
I am a nurse. Alot of times when I am just talking to people, I tend to assess them just by looking, noticing their heartbeat in their neck and arms. It isn't uncommon---and probably because you are an athlete you have a slower, stronger pulse than most people-which would also make pulses more noticable.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
LindaTX commented on photo
bcmsmom is back Comment
Foam Rolling
May 23 by gymdandee