Heart Disease Expert Forum
b/p drop after exertion
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

b/p drop after exertion

why would my b/p drop  after physical exertion.   within 3 minutes after working out  my b/p has been dropping from the 150's/70's to  80/40 causing me to become light headed and very weak.it will normally recover in about 30 min. but the other day it stayed in the low range for over 12 hours.
Tags: b/p drop
1 Comment
Blank
Hi Molly,
While it is impossible to know exactly what is causing this to occur without seeing you in person for evaluation and knowing your full history, we can be certain that this is not normal and needs to be evaluated by your physician.  Sometimes there are structural issues within the heart (valvular disease or asymmetric muscle thickening with something like HCM-hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) or arrhythmias (abnormal beating of the heart) that can cause your blood pressure to drop with exercise.  If you take medications that lower your heart rate/blood pressure, it may simply be an issue of timing of when you take them.  You should see a physician ASAP and an EKG and echo (ultrasound of the heart) may be helpful for figuring out what is going on.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank