Heart Disease Community
belching

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

belching

there are times and it is becoming frequent that i feel heaviness in my chest then later have pain getting worse as time goes by on left side just below the wing bone and if i don't sit up straight and ask somebody to hit my back with cupped hands then i will start to have headaches.I i'' be hit with the cupped hands and i start belching,then i start to feel relieved and staying in upright position for longer time relieves me better and still continue to belch and be relieved .what might be causing this to happen?i am hypertensive and on nifedical and atenolol and takes fish oil capsule  and calcium tabs and motrin for my body aches.i am 56 yrs old and had AGN at the age of 17 and started to have hypertension since 20 -30 yrs ago.is there anything i can do to avoid this since i feel bad if i belch in the presence of others but i need to do it to relieve myself of the discomfort. is it a sign of something bad?thanks

This discussion is related to Constant belching with history of Hypertension.
Avatar n tn
I would want to get a full assessment done on your cardiac health.  It's probably just some sort of stomach problem, but i would check for the worst possible problem first.  If it's there you can identify it and treat it, if there's nothing to worry about then you can start treating the stomach discomfort