Heart Disease Expert Forum
blood pressure lower

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

blood pressure lower

I had a stress echo last month which was normal  (due to some weird lightheaded spells and a history of PVC's), but I passed the test with flying colors.    Normally, my blood pressure has never been an issue at all.  122/78 sounds typical for me.    Here lately, I have dropped about 10 pounds (need to lose)  but I wasn't really trying to lose weight,  I have just felt kinda sick lately and haven't been eating as much.   I have had a CBC / CMP done which were normal.   Also, I have noticed within the last week or so that my blood pressure is consistently running more like 105/60 and I sometimes measure it below 100,   like 96/63 was the lowest I saw it today and I have been keeping up with it more since I noticed it lower.   I also have been feeling somewhat weak and dizzy at times,  although again, 2 weeks ago my CBC / CMP and EKG was normal.  (the tests were 2 weeks ago, my bp started getting weird a week ago).     And remember, last month, I had a normal stress echo.   What do you think is wrong w/ me?   Do I need to repeat basic blood tests and what else would you do?   Is a bp of 96/63 dangerous or points to something "going on" since it's all running 15-20 points lower than my usual?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello
Based on the symptoms you have described, i think there is no real issue going on with your BP. It is usually ok to have a pressures in the high 90's-low 100's as long as you are not having symptoms. I think however esp with your symptoms that you should go see your physician again to get a physical exam and checking blood pressures sitting, standing and laying down to make sure that you are not having orthostatic spells. Also important to make sure you are not on any medicines or herbs that would lower your blood pressures.  
Hope this helps but it seems that with the information i have and if you are continuing to have symptoms then i think you should make an appointment with your doctor. Also it may be helpful to make sure you are not having alot of PVC's that could be causing these symptoms.