Heart Disease Expert Forum
blood pressure rise when seated causing foggy head and pulse in neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I went to my cardiologist Jan 7th with a banging in my chest. ( subsided with in the week) Blood work was fine, ekg fine. Echo showed small amount of pull on my heart.  Lungs were told to be the culprit.  Pulminary function test came back fine, although the small parts of my lungs improved from the albuterol that was given during test.Ventolin was given to clear lungs and lower the tug on my heart.21 day heart monitor was worn.  No odd symptoms occasionally a 90bpm and this was tagged on the monitor.
   Pulminologist ordered CT to rule out blood clots in lungs.  March 12 day after ct I had dizzy spell while seated. Driving my car I became confused and missed turns, couldnt remember where I was going etc... Again the next day seated on couch pulse in neck was overwhealming and head began to throb and headache ensued. Took blood pressure and itt was elevated but still normal ( 112/85) Next day in Car lips went numb with all the other symptoms listed. Also when I am standing in church and put my head down to pray the pressure in my head starts again, same posture cooking in kitchen, and looking down to read . Got to Cardiologist who said throw away your Ventolin and switch to a inhaled steroid Quvar.
Tried for 7 days.  No change in dizzy feeling in head while seated pressure goes up..  Now I am having panic attacks and feel like I am dying.  As soon I sit down my head fills up, my ears begin to ring and neck throbs.
Went to ER yesterday they gave me Zoloft and Klonopin told me I had to much anxiety. I am 5'11 160 lbs. 41 year old female.  Failed tilt table test at Cleveland clinic in 2000.  What is happening to me.  Should i come to Cleveland Clinic for work up?  I dont get a racing heart just a elevated blood pressure then a feeling of panic like Im dying.
Its causing me much stress and im trying to find answers.  Is this a nuro case?  what should my next step be?  My primary says to get to Cleveland and get a full work up. I live in Lewiston Ny 3 hours away.
You have a lot of various symptoms listed above.  It sounds as though you had a pretty thorough workup with your doctors there to evaluate for both cardiac and pulmonary causes.  

It is difficult to tell exactly what is is going on with just the information provided above.  This is primarily a heart forum so I will not comment further on neurologic or psychiatric diagnoses.  From the testing you described it is less likely that this is cardiac in etiology.  

You are always welcome to come to the Cleveland Clinic for an evaluation.  I would recommend seeing someone in the Internal Medicine department first so they can then assess which particular specialist you might need based on the diagnoses/symptoms.