Heart Disease Expert Forum
blood pressure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blood pressure

my wife takes blood pressure medicine she had a hernia operation today so the doctor told her not to take any of her meds before the surgery after surgery her blood pressure was high and still is higher then normal would anesthesia cause her blood pressure to be high
Hi phil127,

Pain following surgery would be a more common and likely reason for elevated blood pressure. You're right that not taking the blood pressure medications will cause a transient increase in blood pressure. However I presume that your wife is now back on her normal medications and the blood pressure has returned to normal.

If the blood pressure remains high this is unlikely to be related to the anesthetic. I would recommend follow up with your family physician.

Best of luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now