Heart Disease Expert Forum
blood presure medication
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

blood presure medication

I'm a 56 yr. old female and have been taking blood pressure meds. for about 12 yrs. I'm currently taking triamterene and atenolol. I've been getting headaches off and on for the past month where I mostly feel very light headed. I also get Charlie horses in my calves at night and I have had chronic muscle pain in my calves for almost a year. I saw my doctor last week and my blood pressure was elevated (160/100) and so she added zestril to my meds. My blood pressure was only taken once during the office visit. Enough? When I checked my BP at home this morning it was 137/81 I'm wondering if either the triamterene or the atenolol can be giving me the headaches and/or the muscle aches. I skipped the triamterene yesterday and only took the atenolol and zestril and I felt great. This morning I took all three and so far, I still feel pretty good, except for the muscle pain in my calves. I will be going back to the drs. office this week to have my BP checked.
Suggestions? Thanks.