burning in chest
hi! 48 yr old female...high blood pressure and am on meds and overweight..and I have benign, stress related palpitations..that have been looked at over the years with EKGs, Echos, stress tests, and as recently as August I wore a holter monitor just to double check that the palpitations havent changed. They havent.
In mid Nov, I came down with the H1N1 flu. Very very sick...started with a cough, and I still am coughing. Its lessened..but am still coughing. Im 2 weeks now after the flu. Because I was still coughing, and tired and run down, I went down to our nurse practitioner at work a week ago, and she listened to my lungs. She heard "something" ( i dont know what) in my lungs...and said she has heard that the H1N1 can stay in the lungs for a while. I havent run a fever since the middle of the flu...but what I have developed this week, is a burning in my chest mostly when I exert. I can NOT figure this out. We have bitter cold where I live...and it seems to have almost come with that--and it is worse when Im outside. But also happens when Im inside...like when I go up a flight of stairs..So..Im thinking...could my lungs just be still sensitive...all messed up due to the flu? Or could this be cardiac related, and just "happened" to have come on right after the flu?
Incidently...about a month ago, I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy in which I was put all the way out during the procedure...so Im thinking..if I had any cardiac issues..that they wouldve shown up during that.
I just am not sure what way to go with this..cardiac...or a lung thing...?
I have NEVER had any discomfort or pain, burning, anything, in my chest before.