Heart Disease Expert Forum
burning in the chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

burning in the chest
ok i am 17 years old, and often i get a burning sharp pain in my chest or right under my heart, and i get worried its the worst pain ever, i also smoke so could that be the cause of this??
It is hard to diagnose the cause of chest pain over the internet. There are many causes of chest pain, including problems related to your lungs, heart, muscles, esophagus, and overlying muscles and bones. The best plan of action would be to get an evaluation by your physician. Of course, cigarette smoking is not good for your health, and certainly can increase your risk of heart and lung problems.