bystolic and weight gain
Is Bystolic associated with weight gain?  I have been on
a 5 mg. dose for about 3 months and I have gained 10
pounds with no change in eating habits.  I am pretty
much on 1000 calories a day and watching sodium
intake closely (this is not fun!) and I cannot make the
weight budge.  My doctor says he doesn't know of
Bystolic causing this problem, and that I should just
"keep an eye" on my weight. I am ready to switch docs!

Anyone else with the same problem?  What did you do
about it?  Thanks!
I too have been on 5mg of bystolic for about a year - within the first month of being on the drug I 'packed' on @10 lbs.  I eat a very lo-calorie diet.  My cardiologist basically said - put up with the weight or have a stroke (I am a thin-built woman - not overweight/obese by any means - at least at when I started the meds).  The weight is centered in the belly region - an area where I never carried weight - oh boy not now!!!  I don't want to hear the 'you need to exercise more, blah, blah - I don't have the energy!!  I guess I should accept the weight, but the bystolic makes me sooooo tired - I have to try to get important work done early in the day - by 2-3PM, I'm beat.  I don't know why doctors won't admit that weight gain is an issue - it's not vanity for me - it's quality of life.  I am tired, I am packing on belly fat (which in itself isn't good - per the doctors) and just looking for a way to get back to 'normal' - I'm to the point where I'll take the stroke risk - just to return to feeling like my 'old self'......
Wow, you could be describing my life.  I try to get everything done by 2-3, because after that I'm exhausted and have brain fog.  The 20mg of Bystolic has my BP under control at last, but at quite a cost.  And if I weren't so effing tired, I'd exercise more.  It's hard to accept the weight gain (one was 5 lbs in a month when they increased the B. from 10 mg to 20mg) when you've never looked like this and were always a bundle of energy.  Now two dog walks a day, and I'm looking for a place to lie down.  I'm sooo impressed by rally's 1000 calories a day, but I'm not sure I could do it.  It does look like the next step, though.

Why did they stop making speed?