Heart Disease Community
calcification of aorta and iliac arteries...

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi. I hope that someone can help me with this... I am a 39 yr old female and do not smoke or drink. blood pressure is fine but do have a constant rapid heart rate. from 1998 to december of 2010 I have been seeing a neurologist and she suggested mri's which I have had 11 i think one for each year. the 1st mri showed that i had demylenation in the white matter... over the 11 years it had remained stable and during that time i only got one more spot on my brain. all the time they were leaning toward it being ms... january 2011 neurologist told me that she thinks that the spots in my brain were from a childhood illness which i dont know what that could be but i just wanted to give a brief rundown of my problems... been seeing the dr and they blame everything on anxiey I had an xray of my back taken on thursday and they noticed that my back was fine but i have calcification in my aorta and iliac arteries... the reason for going in for the xray is all the leg pain i have been having... everytime i had mentioned it to the dr he would say oh its not a blood clot... i dont care what its not i just want to know what it may be... this scares me and the only reason i know is because my chiropractor called in to get my results. the dr has not even called me. Is this common for my age? I am so affraid not knowing anything... please respond thank you