Heart Disease Community
can congestive heart failure go away?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

can congestive heart failure go away?

i am a young person,but i have been diagnosed with CHF and an enlarged left ventricle. my symptoms have gotten progressively worse. my ankles and feet are swollen and my right toes are really starting to hurt. i get short of breath when walking and i am get dizzy alot. what can i do about this? i have very little money,all my doctors left me and i am getting worse and worse. i have no friends or family to turn to. if i am 31 years old and have CHF that is getting worse,can it kill me soon? does anyone here have knowledge on this subject??
you know what,**** this! i am going to die and i know it. i have not been taking any medications. i am eating junk food everyday and i am drinking soda and i do not exercise. i am doing this because i do not want to live alone and i am sick and tired of life. i just did not know that it would be this painful but i will continue to not eat right and not do anything to improve my health. i mean,why would i want to live when i have nothing and nobody to live for. i am doing the right thing and this will be all over soon.
Your situation may not be as bad as you think. The left ventricle can return to a normal size once the underlying cause is resolved, in most cases it's high blood pressure. You can do one of two things, first you can continue to live a very unhealthy lifestyle with a sick heart or you can get medical assistance, find out why your left ventricle is enlarged, return to a healthy lifestyle and get your issue resolved, your call. I doubt your doctors just left you and even if they did there are other doctors that will help if you explain your situation. There is state aid for these kinds of situations as well. You need to take the initiative to get better and not expect a doctor to ride in on the white horse and lift you up.

About your CHF, what was your EF%? Also, did the doctors give you copies of any stress test or echo reports and if so what did they say. Let us know and perhaps we can help point you in the right direction and give you the information you are asking for.

Jon

Before continue that route you should fully understand how a death for HF is.

... I wrote the options and I felt it was too much for this board... so I am sending them to you privately....

And yes, there is the possibility that we all love, you get a ventricular fibrillation and die in about 10 minutes.  But this is only an small percentage.

Jesus
Dear Just a number,

I am so sorry to hear about your medical condition, but more so, your outlook on your importance. I have accepted Jesus into my heart many years ago -- thus am now a Christian. I believe that, through Jesus, God has given each of us a purpose in life and our life effects people that we don't even know. For instance, you just became important to me. Your life is a testimony to someone. My sister is bed bound with multiple health issues - including lung and heart problems. She can't even get out of bed to use the bedside commode without almost passing out. Yet, God has given her a purpose. Her positive, loving  outlook through all she faces is inspiring to those she can reach via phone (on good days) or by text. One of the important things about our life isn't that we don't get sick and eventually die, but it is how we live our life and how we trust God through the difficult times -- letting Him use us as He sees fit until He decides our job is done and it's time for us to go home. I will pray that if you haven't accepted Jesus as your Savior yet, that you will do so. This will bring you hope and everlasting life. If you have, I will pray that God's spirit will minister to you. That you will find strength, peace, comfort, and a renew dedication to live the life that you have been given to its fullest. That you will continue on with the good fight and run the race that has been set before you. Don't give up until God calls you home. You are not alone. God promised us that He will never leave us and will never forsake us.

From,

Someone, who cares about you. Someone, that you have touched today. Hopefully, you will continue to touch others like you have me until God says "Welcome home"