Heart Disease Expert Forum
can someone help echocardiogram results
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

can someone help echocardiogram results

hi im 29 year old female,  3 children, low blood pressure,  tall and slim I had an echocardiogram done and have the results but no one seems to know if anything wrong ive seen 3 docs so hoping someone here can help im very worried.

as follows:

left ventricle dimensions are normal,  mild possibly moderately impaired systolic function with septum and inferior walls being hypokinetic particularly in the septum. the left ventricle appears to be mildly dyskinetic.  estimated ejection fractiom is 45-50%.
lvot vti 11.8cm.

mitral valve/left atrium:
thin mobile mv with very trivial mr noted. the la was normal.

aortic valve/aorta:
trileaflet av with the very tips being echogenic with all leaflets being thin n mobile with satisfactory cuso excursion.

right sided structure
the right heart appears dilated with visually low normal systolic function. The tv was thin n mobile with trivial tr
the pv was mobile with normal flow.

summary: normal left ventricular dimensions,  mild possibly moderately impaired systolic function with regional wall variation.  no significant valvular abnormalities.  dilated right heart with low normal systolic function.

please help I haven't slept properly in a week 3 docs dont seem worried I had heart scan 9 yrs ago and that was fine  thank you in advance

Hello there,

I am sorry that you have been so worried about your test results lately. It is hard to give you an accurate answer without personally reviewing your echocardiogram, since there is a lot of operator and reader variability in interpreting these tests.
I am not certain what was the indication to do the echocardiogram in the first place but a lot of management in your case would depend on the symptoms that you are having. If you are not having any symptoms what so ever, all that needs to be done is watchful waiting and a repeat echocardiogram in about six months to see if the changes have resolved.
If you indeed are having symptoms, then certainly more work up is warranted along with optimizing medical therapy.
I know that you have seen a lot of cardiologists and no one has been able to answer your questions satisfactorily, but if you would like to seek opinion at our hospital, you are always welcome.

Hope that helps.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949