Aa
A
A
Close
439159 tn?1267689652
can't keep my heart out of my mind
Hi

I know that what I am going to say may sound strange. After my grand mother died, I heard in the TV the word sudden death. Since then and I can't stop thinking about my heart and the it could just stop at once without any reason. Because of that negative way of thinking, sometimes I panic and feeling so stressed most of the time. My question and my concern is, Can thinking about my heart really affect my heart. For example, If I keep on thinking and being afraid that my heart could just stop at once. Lead to Stopping my heart. I know that I sound crazy, but I really worry about that point
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1029058 tn?1253542752
Nothing crazy about that,its a normal reaction when a love one dies.
My dad died at 42 with hardening of the arteries.I was  15 and parinoid till I was in my 40"s because it was herititary.
I can tell you it won't make your heart stop automaticly,but to continue to stress out on this can affect your helth.
Have your heart checked to ease your mind.
Stress plays a big part in your life.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My younger sister was electrocuted very badly when she was 17, and developed this same fear afterwards.  She went on medication for anxiety and eventually got over it, and is a healthy 53 today.  You can think yourself sick, and this constant worry is wearing on you and your heart.  I agree with susique in that it may ease your mind to have your heart checked.  But unless your grandmother was very young when she died, I'm sure you're fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
439159 tn?1267689652
Thank you a lot for your concern and for your quick response. Actually my worry started to affect my life. My Blood Pressure starts to get high, Rapid heart beat, irritation when I am sleeping. But these effects are easing now. I think if I change my life rythem, this may have positive effect on my. Also I will take your advice and have my heart checked and I will keep you updated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
dont know if you still think about your heart but I also have been doing that for quite a whlie I hope you are doing better with it-my heart obsession is caused by my obssesive copulsive disorder -peace jay
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
dont know if you still think about your heart but I also have been doing that for quite a whlie I hope you are doing better with it-my heart obsession is caused by my obssesive copulsive disorder -peace jay
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
Blank