cardiac calcium score
Hi all:

I recently had a coronary calcium scoring examination on a multi-slice CT (brilliance 64)

my data is as follows: LAD -area 101.14 sq mm -score 111.25, LCX -area 92.82 sq mm, -score 299.02. RCA area 103.62 sq mm, -score 345.39. Total coronaries area 297.58  sq mm, -score 955.66.

the impression of the above report read as "there was a significant plaque burden detected. this score is associated with a high probability of occlusive CAD and an increased risk of cardiovascular events. Patient is advised to aggressively engage in risk factor modification. Clinical followup recommended".

I am laymen to above data and want to understand what is my risk of getting heart disease again? i already had one heart attack before. I am on Plavix, simvastatin, and metochrolol as medicines.
I had a CT scan more than  a year ago.  The score indicates the degree of soft plaque within the lining of the coronary arteries.  A higher score the more soft plaque and the risk of rupture of the lining and a clot or plaque substance occluding the vessel and a heart attack is the significance.

My have a total score over 1000.  With that score the risk of having cardiovascular event is about 25% within a year.

You can google CT scan scores for more detail as it relates to individual arteries. .