cardiac regurgitation
I had a echo done two months ago and have switched dr.'s since. When reviewing my records I noticed that it stated a mild mitral regurgitation, trace tricuspid regurgitation and a 60% left ventricle ejection fraction. Is this something that I should be overly worried about? Most people tell me that at 28 years old any cardiac problems I should be worried about.
Trace to mild valvular regurgitation is nothing to be worried about, you may just want to follow up every few years to make sure it's not getting worse, most people have it to one degree or another. The ejection fraction is the percentage of blood pumped out of the heart with each beat with 55 - 60% being normal so that's fine as well. Nothing here to worry about. Your doctor should have done a better job explaining this report to you, too many rush through the process or just call to say everything was fine and when you do see the report you don't have a chance to ask questions.

If you're concerned you should call your doctor for better answers.

Hope this helps,

Jon