cardiomyopathy after chemotherapy
I have just learned that I have cardiomyopathy from chemotherapy for breast cancer.  My EF is 41.  This is a 30% decrease in LV function since a previous echo in the last 5 months.My oncologist is recommending that I take medication for this but I asked to be referred  to a cardiologist who I haven't seen yet.  What are my chances of a full recovery without medication?  Will taking medication increase my likelihood of recovery?  What are my risks if I do not take medication?  I am 51 years old and had been active prior to treatment. I am working to get back in shape again. I was in a study using bevacizumab.  In addition, I had the standard treatment Doxorubicin plus Cycloshosphamide (AC) and Paclitaxel.
i would also ask this on the cancer site some maybe going throught what you are going through.
You absolutely must see a cardiologist. I am not familiar with the treatment you are getting Probably this is why you were not so far seeing one cardiogolist, because you were under that treatment. But I would not even think about how to get a recovery without a medication. 41 % EF isn  bad, but far from normal also, and that number could change to better or worst too, Most of us diagnosed with cardiomyopathy whatever the reason we have it: we started on coreg.. Coreg will make you feel worse before you feel better if you don’t have high B.P….. This is why very important having a good cardiologist who will get you to the target amount you need, or put you on whatever other additional medication. Trust in a cardiogolist. Hope one day cancer will have much more safe treatments than chemo therapy, it is a very sad thing that could happen to women in our time..
Good luck to you!