Heart Disease Community
cardiovascular issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

cardiovascular issues

my stress echocardiography states mild hypertrophy of IVS.No LV regional wall motion abnormality. Good LV systolic function.LVEF=65%.TRACE MR. GoodRV function. No pericadial effusion. No LV clot.
A/E=1 on mitral doppler spectral trace
Dece time=161m/sec. Dece Slope=376 cm/sec2
Pressure1/2 time=50m/sec
THE mitral E velocity=95cm/sec,E by tissue Doppler=8.8 cm/sec
E/E=10.7 which indicates normal LVEDP
Resting echo
LVEF;65%
LV wall motion normal
RV wall motion normal
Mitral regurgitation;<1/3
Tricuspid regurgitation;0/3
Stress echo
LV wall motion :HyperkineticTricusid regurgita
RV wall motion :normal
LVEF:80%
Mitral regurgitation<1/3icuspid0/3
Tricnouspid regurgitation:0/3
no coronary tert likely to involved

stress echonegative for inducible ischaemia
i am 60 years
am i reqired to go for further evalution. are my reports normal
Maybe I'm missing something......whare does it say you have mild hypertrophy of the IVS? If this is true, then you mayhave something called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy which can be a genetic issue. Do other fammily members have heart issues?
i have verbatim reproduced stress echo report
What line does it say you have LVH on the actual report? This postin shows the breakdown of all of the measurements, but I see nothing on there saying you have LVH. Can you point out to me where you see that on this report? Where are the ending statements from the doctor who read the report? That does not appear to be on here.
It is IVS and not LVH. IVS(ed) is 11mm.Thanks
The word Hypertrophy means thickening. In your heart it is the dividing wall between the two lower chambers of the heart which is called the septum. Sometimes this can be a problem because it can narrow the area of the aortic valve and cause an obstruction of the blood flow. If the wall is too thick, the relaxation of that area of heart muscle during the filing stage can also be affected sometimes causing diastolic dysfunction. Because this is also the area for the electrical pathways of the heart, electrical problems can also occur. You should be followed by a good cardiology clinic as this can be a form of heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. This is generally a genetic issue which means other family members should be tested for the disease as well.
At age 60, left ventricle walls of 11 mm are not abnormal. Wall thickness is often overestimated on echo too. I thought the normal limit in men was 9-12 mm, my cardiologist said that he doesn't diagnose anyone with LVH until the wall thickness is at least 13 mm, somewhat dependent on body size.

My septum and posteror wall is 10,5 mm, by the way. And I'm 30, completely healthy.

A normal LVEDP is also a sign that the heart walls relax properly and is a good sign.

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in adults often manifest with extreme hypertrophy, up to 20 mm, especially in men >50 y/o.

Your heart works even better with exercise, which is a very good sign. The test was negative (good) and a hyperkinetic LV during exercise just means that it pumps more than 70% of its blood each time the heart beats. A sign of a strong heart.