ccTGA - Results and Future
I am a 26 yr old male with ccTGA, repaired VSD and conduit in 1989.

My recent cardiologist visit yielded; through MRI, that my right ventricle is dilated, my RVEF is 23%, and I am having more and more PVC's.  Seeking a second opinion I visited my Pediatric Cardiologist and he had mentioned that he saw no changes in my echo other than the frequency of PVC's.  I am still waiting to revisit my Adult Congenital Heart Doctor to get a better grasp and started on some medications.

It's hard not to look at what is all over the internet.  But nothing is very reassuring.  

I have a lot planned in life, time with family, engagement, etc. and I am fearful that this is all just the begining of the end.  Has anyone any experience with ccTGA and what I could/should expect in the future?  Will this just morph into CHF and the necessity for a transplant?  
Normally, the left ventricle has a smaller filling capacity and stronger walls and contractual strength to pump blood into the system when compared to the rightside.  Normal LV ejection fraction (amount of blood pumped into circulation with each stroke) is 55 to 75%.  

Normally, the right side has a larger capacity and thinner walls as normally the right side pumps against less resistance. For the right-side ventricle rather than the left side to effectively pump enough blood into circulation, it may/will dilate and the walls will thicken...I don't know if 23% RVEF is sufficient, is the 23% output of enlarged chamber be equal to LVEF that has a smaller capacity would be the question? Your symptoms, if any, would be the determining factor whether intervention is required. There are cases where individuals have had a normal life span with CCTGA!
Hi, Your last sentence is indeed very reassuring. My son has CCTGA. He is 6-1/2 years old and at present has Trivial TR. We hope and pray for the best.
Tahir
how about your son now? Did he take some surgery,for example DSO? bob
Extremely sorry for a very belated response. By Jan 2013, our son's regurg had advanced to Grd I-II. He has been on Enalapril for good about 1-1/2 years now, Lately, the dose has been reduced with regurg still at the same level. He has not have any surgery yet and neither has been recommended by his Cardiologist so far.