change in armpit odor after open heart surgery
After repair of aortic aneurysm, valve and aortic arch repair, I began to notice a change in  my armpit odor. Deo Is the same.
Also, "birthmark" on the inside of my upper left thigh which is normally white, unless I am cold or stresses is reddish/ purple. Are these changes normal?
Regarding the armpit odor, some medications can cause this.  If there has been a change in your medication regimen since before surgery, that might have something to do with it.  Also, I googled the problem and found that diabetes, renal disease, and other medical problems can cause a change in armpit odor.  

Regarding the color of your birthmark, I don't have any idea what that could be about.  It does sound like your surgery was a big shock to your system, and so maybe there are some body-wide reverberations that are still going on.  Aortic arch surgery is one of the biggest, most traumatic operations you can have, so in that sense it's not really surprising that the recovery has been complicated.  It doesn't mean taht you're not going to be okay in the end.  It just means that the operation you had was a huge one.

I hope you are being followed closely by a doctor with whom you can share everything that is going on and that you can get some answers.  It might also be worth calling Dr. Coselli's office and talking to his nurse, to see if any of your ongoing problems ring any bells with her.
Thanks. I think I will call Dr CD's nurse.
You are best on this forum.
It is unlikely that the armpit odor change and skin color change is due to the surgery itself although you noticed them after surgery.  You should consult your physician about these changes.  It is possible they are secondary to new medications you are taking.