Heart Disease Community
chest bone pain dizzy,feel weak,hard to swallow and breathe

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hey All, I have had a quad bypass 6mths ago,as most know recovery is slow and i do not help it by trying to speed things up.After 4 mths i had chest pain and abdominal bloating and pain,hard to swallow and breathe,could not get a deep breathe(yawn if i could).Have had more tests than i like and guesses.Pain was so bad i went to ER and was given antibiotics for diverticulitus for a week to see if it helped.No change. Doc said maybe pulled something,wait 2 weeks slowly pain diminishjed bloating comes and goes for no reason.This week has been hell cannot sleep legs are weak ,dizzy to the point i would not drive,stomach pain chest pains (left and centre of chest)no breathe,headache at back of head and neck any ideas would help I know Doctors try but i need help to narrow this down.I cannot take this feeling
Fluid in lungs (if excessive enough to cause symptoms like yours) will usually be easily detected with a standard chest x-ray. Do you have a cough?
Have they done a CT or angiogram to make sure the grafts are working? I had shortness of breath and dizziness 3 months after my triple bypass and the surgeon refused to believe anything was wrong. He used his magic stethascope which obviously did an ECG, echo, angiogram and nuclear perfusion scan all in one. His stethascope said everything is doing great. I went to a different hospital and they did an angiogram. It revealed that the Lima was open, but the 2 veins were totally collapsed. I met patients who got 2 weeks from their bypass. I'm not saying it is this, but it's best to rule out the worst case scenario first I think.
Thanks for answering so quick,they said fluid in lungs maybe, had a stress test,cadio lite,upper GI,ekgs,blood work he said he would prefer not to do a angiogram because of the die., cardio lite tests he said showed nothing overly major???Had a respiration test no results yet
  Thanks again i just need to know,I was thinking if it was in my head but i am sure its not
We all know our own body, if something doesn't feel right, then it isn't right. Keep on it and make sure they test for every possible cause. With regards to the dizziness, what is your blood pressure like?
Saw Dr on the 13th have ultra-sound scheduled as well as 2 scopes. Checked my BP and found it was quite high,change in meds ,so far dizziness only happens after excerise meds seem to to be working.
Thanks again for your support