Heart Disease Community
chest flutters - pulse misses a beat ?/

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

chest flutters - pulse misses a beat ?/

hello, I have been getting left top chest pain now for over a year , I had a ct calcium scan which was zero , a clear chest xray , and I have just had a ecg which was ok , one doctor suggested arthritus of the chest , and now I am been tried to reflux with medications , but it does not appear to be doing anything ,
I randomly have also had flutter like feelings which last a second / seconds at the area just top of stomach area were it meets the bones next to the area of my heart location, I can get loads of these in a day , my doctors previously have not really shown much concern on this symtem ,
but ... my question is over the last 24/48 hours I have accidently realised when these flutter like feelings accor , I have noticed that my pulse in my wrist appears to miss a beat at exactly the same moment as the flutter in my chest area , I have varified this to myself now untold times , does anyone know what this is ?, could this be linked to the chest pains I get ?, any feedback would be great , thank you
Tags: flutter
Hi.. i would push for someone to listen as you have simular symptoms to what i had and it turned out to be the SA Node to my heart was blocked 40% and i ended up having a pacemaker fitted to keep my heart rate up which dropped down to 31bpm whilst these flutters were happening just for seconds and then up back to normal when the flutters were over.. i thought i had indegestion type thing so my advice to anyone is to go and pester until someone does listen..
thank you so much for taking the time to respond , I went to my doctor this AM again and pestered for a 24 hour ecg which he is now reffering me to have done , I know this will show up the irregular beat so now have faith to get a diagnosis ,
all the very best to you , and keep well :-)
Hey thats great news.. i do beleive these days that the days of actual caring for patients or in any profession has gone and its all about money.. all i can say is if you are not satisfied with the result yourself and think you need another ECG then tell him, just remember that they may fit the monitor when you are having a good day and it may not show a lot, it took me seven weeks to ring an ambulance after my GP had told me to if i was having one of these attacks and when i did and found out was was wrong i cried because i could have died and i should have rang at first not waited seven weeks.., i used to get embarrased and feel like i was being cheeky asking for things but knowing what it is its my life they are playing with and beleive me i have the biggest mouth ever now haha.. in fact i have just wrote a letter to another cardiologist whom i have been told is really good and asked him to see me as i feel like i am getting no where and i feel i have been put at risk by some medical professionals and i am waiting for a reply to see if he will haha.. keep me informed of the results because what i have is a 'rare' condition so it would be interesting to find someone with the same condition, not that i would wish it on anyone at all.. take care and keep pushing.. :)