Heart Disease Community
chest hurts with a large breath

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

chest hurts with a large breath

I have been experiencing pain when I take in a larger than normal breath.  It feels like a restrictive pain that follows my diaphram.  It started last night, on a minor scale.  So I began to take larger breaths to see if it would make it worse later that night it was worse.  I tried taking pain meds, and it does not take away the pain.  I dont feel tierd, or dizzy, my ankles are not swollen.  I do not have a bluish tinge to my complection.  I had two open heart surg at age 6 and 12 for sub aortic stenosis, go for check up every two years the cardio says everything looks great, I wore a halter monitor 2 months ago the cardio said there is no change.  I am 27 years old.  I worry about my heart being an issue alot of the time, I really need to stop, but I cant understand why I have this pain when I breath.  Could you please shed some light on the different possiblites.  
Hello. ust a thought. Do you find that this discomfort comes particularly after eating high fat meals? I ask that due to your comment about later that night. I had gall bladder removed a few months ago, and I remember pain with each respiration. The pain at night was intense ( I did not realize at that time that the fat in meals was causing the pain during digestion) .
  Of course this is just a mere input. I hope that you are feeling better soon.
I can totally understand how you are feeling about worry if it is heart. I go through that everyday with my 4 year old and I am not sure once he gets his pacemaker taht it will stop. I in a way think what you are feeling (emotionally) is normal.
as far as the pain is concerned, do you have a cold? I used to get that when I would get a cold, I went to the ER and they said it was Pleuarisy (not sure about the spelling) it is an inflamation (inflammation) in you lung lininGood Luck
Michhele