chest pain & abnormal EKG
I am a 46 year old female.  I have been having some chest discomfort with some pain between my shoulder. This has happened a few times in the last 3 months.
i took an EKG last week.  It stated Sinus Bradycardia, T-wave abnormality, consider Anterlateral Ichemia.  What does this all mean.  I am scheduled for a Stress Test next week.

ANN
Well, bradycardia itself means "slow heart" and it typically defined as a heart rate under 50-60 bpm while resting. In terms of your EKG results, the T-wave represents the resetting of the electrical cells in the ventricles. Given the presence of sinus bradycardia, I'm pretty sure it narrows down the list of problems that may have caused this. One of the possible problems is a problem with your atrioventricular node (AV node)whose main function is to relay the electrical impulses from atria to ventricles. An abnormality in this may cause a slower heart rate and possibly even problems with the resetting of the electrical cells in your  ventricles (hence, the T-wave abnormality). I'm a student at the University of Minnesota, so this isn't a professional opinion at all, but just throwing out one of the possible causes of these problems.

Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll find a solution to this problem. =)

If a Ph. D could critique this and/or add their opinion, that'd be great!
Stess test came back but wasn't very accurate because of breast shadow intennuation.  I visited a cardiologist Wed and he listened to my heart and said didn't think chest pains and shoulder blade pain was heart related.
He handed a script for Prilosec and now has me sched for an echo.  I think I'm confused.  Never had heart burn or acid reflux before.  Is an echo more accurate for diagnosis of heart problems than stress test?

tx dotmad