chest pain after bypass
i have had a five graft bypass and I now have four stents. Diagnosed with CAD and CHF. I have had three heart caths , an echocardiogram, and stress since and nothing shows up but still I am experiencing sever chest pain. What is wrong and what can I do
I think there are two possible things you can do.
1. Have FFR Angiogram. They use a sensor on the end of the cath which measures the blood flow rate and gives the reading to the Cardiologist. They take the reading at the top of each artery, then slowly descend to see if there are any sudden drop offs. I Had this done over a year ago. My Angiogram looked clear with no disease in the LCx, but the drop off half way down was incredible. It was microscopic irregularities in the artery lining, causing turbulence. I had 2 stents and the problem was fixed. Visual diagnosis is not always enough.
2. Have a nuclear stress test which will show up oxygen perfusion of the muscle.This will reveal any areas getting less oxygen than the others.