chest pain after multiple stenting
I am a fit, slim, non-smoker and had a heart attack at age 54, 19 months ago. I had been under a lot of stress for years. I had a 95% blockage in one of my arteries.  I received 6 stents, and stayed on lipitor for 3 months and plavix for 6 months - hated the side effects. Now I am only on low-dose aspirin.  I have had chest "squeezing" pretty well this whole time following the surgery, but mostly in the last month. I had no chest pain or any warning signs before my heart attacks, except for a little cramping during yoga a few times. I get strong cramping quite often now. I am scheduled for more tests, but extensive testing last year showed everything was supposedly fine. Has anyone heard of this? My concern is that I am headed for another heart attack.

This discussion is related to Chest Pain following stent placement.  All tests show normal..
Hi you seems to have more than 1 arterial diseas and treated wit intracoronary stents. were they drug eluting stents or not ? İt must be so. İn any case if you developed recurring chet pain with exercise you must be evaluated in a short time of period. the reasons that caused severe stenosis of your arteries is not always reversible and new stenoses could be there. But stent restenosis could be another problem. Higher the nunber higher the rate of restenosis. additionally implanted stens cover many side branches and prevents sufficient blood flow to the side branches and in case of non steotic conditions may cause chast pain.

heart attack should be thought if you feel squeezing type long lasting chest pain > 20 minutes with nausea  cold swelling and etc. if your chest pain resolves with nitrates (sublingual) pain is supposed to be due to narrowing one of your epicardial artery.

finally you had better to be t evaluated with a experienced cardiologist.
Thanks for your comments.  Yes, they are drug-eluting stents (6).  Nitroglycerin spray does not resolve the pain right away - last night I had to use it twice, and almost went to the hospital.  It is the fear of looking really stupid that kept me from doing so.  Anyway, I was able to move my tests up to this week, and am feeling better about that.  I strongly suspect, however, that the echo card. and the stress test will again show nothing.  I am able to do a major aerobic workout without any chest pain (just lots of fatigue).  But when I get tired, and especially stressed, that is when I get it.  And it lasts for days! The reason I have not been able to go on beta blockers is that I have very low blood pressure. I wish I knew what the heck is going on with me!
hi QueenofCups. just wondering how you are doing 5 years later.. I also am the recipient of 5 DEL stents in my LAD.