Heart Disease Expert Forum
chest pain near my heart

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

chest pain near my heart

I have had severe chest pain for the past month now and just went to the doctor and had a EKG ran they said that it was off the chart it looks as if I have had a heart attack in the past or getting ready to have one, but my blood work was fine. Meaning it should nothing wrong with me.. So what should I do since I'm hurting more and more every second of the day. It hurts worse when I take in a deep breath? My email is ***@****
It does not sound that you had a heart attack or are having cardiac angina.  Your pain, however, could still be a sign of something severe and should be worked up further by an experienced physician.  Most likely this is musculoskeletal type of pain and taking some ibuprofen or tylenol should make it better.  
If the pain is worse when breathing it could be your lungs or costochondritis which is an inflammation of the ribs here they connect to the sternum. I don't know what to think about your EKG results, how they could be so bad yet they sent you home. Your blood tests were most likely for triponon levels which is an enzyme which is released when muscle is damaged as with a heart attack. The fact that they told you your EKG looked like either you had an MI or were about to would make me wonder.  

If the pain continues to worsen, I would not take a chance and would head to the ER for further evaluation, its not worth the risk.

Good Luck,

Jon
first of all I am sorry that you are having this pain. I had shest pain once so bad for many many days. I thought I was gong to die.
come to find out I had what they call pluersy (i am os sorry for spellinf it wrong) it is an inflamtion of the lung lining. I agree with it not really being a MI, this is why they do the blood work. I would also proceede with a further work up. it could be many things from stress to a pulled muscle or something cardiac.
Good luck
michelle
Ask your cardiologist for an echo. You could be suffering from pericarditis. Look it up and compare symptoms. I have been suffering from the recurrent variety of this disease for the last 6 months and it was missed on my first two trips to the ER.
I have been suffering from and am currently being treated for anxiety attacks.  On 1-11-08, I was taking out of work by ambulance, unconscious. I felt as if I were going to die and am still having chest pains and difficulty breathing. When I went to the hospital, theytreated me as if I were a freak and did nothing but send me home. I am going to my dr today to get a referral to a cardiologist as This was not a "normal"anxiety attack. If the drs tell you it is something mild and you feel like it is more, get a second opinion !! Only you know your body and what is "normal" and what is not. Best of luck to you.
Michelle
Having pain on breathing or movement is known as pleuritic chest pain.  In combination with an 'off the chart' EKG reading, it can be pericarditis - inflammation of the lining of the heart, in which case you should have it checked up immediately.  Unless an expert can clear the EKG findings.