Heart Disease Expert Forum
chest pains comming and going

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

chest pains comming and going

Hi all I have for the last few days chest pains comming and going.,and it goes in to my back as well.I am a bit concern about it as the heart is beside it.under a lot of stress at the mo,I am on antdepression tablets.so what could it be?also I have been suffering with tummy pains for years,I have had cysts removed,had scar tissue ops.all CT and scans are all clear.they think I could be suffering with my pelvis.
1 Comment
As this is a heart disease forum, I will primarily address your concern for your chest pain.  Chest pain can arise from a variety of sources including problems related to the heart, lungs, GI tract, and overlying skeleton, muscle, and skin.  Chest pain related to the heart are often times related to decreased blood flow from cholesterol plaque that has developed in the coronary arteries.  These types of pains usually occur during times of exertion and may be associated with other symptoms of arm/jaw pain, nausea, sweating, and shortness of breath.  If you are having any of these types of associations, I would suggest speaking to your regular physician who can perform a complete history and physical examination to ensure no further testing is warranted.