Heart Disease Expert Forum
clotting in the stent

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

clotting in the stent

my mother's angioplasty was done on 25th august and 1 medicated stent was placed. she was discharged on 29th. she got restenosis on 31st she was given reapro and again angiography was done. she was discharged on 6th sept. then again she got restenosis on 28th sept and doctor again gave her three inj. of uroginase. and she has to still undergo angiography. her tablets at home were ecosprin,plagril,rantac,metolar,korandil,moza.sir doctor is saying that we can stop this this clotting upto an extant and after that it is out of my control and i have given the best medicine. He says that there are only 2% patients in the world having this problem. so, sir please guide us that it can be cured or not. sir, we are financially very weak and we cannot afford this angiography again and again. sir, my mother has left the hope she is telling me that drop me to an oldage home.
sir, please help us.
vixky,

sorry to hear of your mother.  the incidence of stent thrombosis and occlusion with the medicated stents is unclear, but a problem i have observed first hand. The hope was these stents would be entrely free of these problems that have occured with other nonmedicated stents. However, the problem still exist, albeit not seemingly to the same extent.

I'm not sure where the stent is located in your mother or exactly what the rest of the cardiac history so its hard telling you specifically what your next step should be.

She should certainly make sure she is taking her aspirin and plavix after her procedure and probably lifelong. Also, she should not smoke.  She is on what appears to be the right medications.