Heart Disease Expert Forum
coronary artery disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

coronary artery disease

Hi I had a cardiac stent fitted two years ago in my right coronary artery that blocked and caused a heart attack last november.  I am the usual heart meds.It has since been found that I have diffuse disease in all my major  cardiac arteries with a significant lesion in my  mid lad . Today I went for a dubotamine stress echo where the sonographer has said there was a slightly problematic issue that he will discuss with my cadiologist. This has got me a bit worried.  I know my cadiologist has said that bypass surgery could be an option because trying to stent my arteries isnt good because of widely spread diffuse disease.  I'm just wondering what the "slightly problematic" issue could be?
I am sorry that you are going through this. As you know, without seeing the test it is impossible to know what the issue was and anything I relate would be speculation. That being said, it could be something as minor as a technical issue (ie not reaching your target heart rate, difficult images, etc) rather than an intrinsic problem with your heart. Usually if there is something very concerning the tech will have the study read immediately prior to you leaving. If you are concerned, call your physician's office and explain the situation. I am sure they would be happy to relay the results to you. In the mean time, if you have any symptoms such as chest pain, make sure to call your cardiologist immediately. Best of luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank