Heart Disease Expert Forum
coronary heart disease

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

coronary heart disease
I have chd since 2009 and was not diagnosed until 2011 when I had a 4 bypass surgery. Recently I suffered a mild heart attack and was given a diagnoses of Non Q MI and Angina, unstable. My question to you would be if with these diagnoses____ can I go back to work as a welder? I have been a welder for 36 years and that is all I have been trained to do.
Generally speaking most people are able to return to work after a heart attack. Usually people are able to return to work several weeks after the event. I would recommend cardiac rehabilitation given your recent heart attack. You should also be seen by your cardiologist prior to returning to work.