Heart Disease Expert Forum
coughing post ablation

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

coughing post ablation

I had a pulmonary ablation procedure done about 4 weeks ago for afib.  Just prior to the procedure I had a TEE.  Since my procedure I have had a persistant cough, no cold symptoms, just a dry cough.  Could this be aresult of the TEE or the procedure itself?  Is there any reason to be concerned about this symptom?  I can't think of any reason I have a cough, in terms of a cold or allergies.
IT is most likely procedure related.  There is probably some irritatation or inflammation that formed in your lungs.  Are you having any fevers?   I am assuming that you are otherwise ok.  However, the fact that it is going on for about 4 weeks is somewhat concerning.  I would at least see someone to make sure that is well.  A chest xray might be of some help.  
Avatar n tn
I am not having any fevers and I had a chest x-ray a week and a half ago.What is the treatment for an irritation or inflammation?  Is it possible that this is pulmonary stenosis?
Avatar n tn
Your symptoms are concerning for pulmonary vein stenosis.  You should talk to your EP.
Some  medication have the side effect of cough.
Might be worth checking into.