Heart Disease Expert Forum
coughing post ablation

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

coughing post ablation

I had a pulmonary ablation procedure done about 4 weeks ago for afib.  Just prior to the procedure I had a TEE.  Since my procedure I have had a persistant cough, no cold symptoms, just a dry cough.  Could this be aresult of the TEE or the procedure itself?  Is there any reason to be concerned about this symptom?  I can't think of any reason I have a cough, in terms of a cold or allergies.
IT is most likely procedure related.  There is probably some irritatation or inflammation that formed in your lungs.  Are you having any fevers?   I am assuming that you are otherwise ok.  However, the fact that it is going on for about 4 weeks is somewhat concerning.  I would at least see someone to make sure that is well.  A chest xray might be of some help.  
I am not having any fevers and I had a chest x-ray a week and a half ago.What is the treatment for an irritation or inflammation?  Is it possible that this is pulmonary stenosis?
Your symptoms are concerning for pulmonary vein stenosis.  You should talk to your EP.
Some  medication have the side effect of cough.
Might be worth checking into.