Heart Disease Expert Forum
could this poss. be POTS???

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

could this poss. be POTS???

I passed out in 2007 and started getting lightheaded in 2009.   Since then and till now the lightheadedness is getting more and more and stronger.  I have never passed out again but always seem to feel like I am going to.  The lightheadedness comes and goes durring the day and sometimes last a little bit all day long.  I am always weak feeling and have started getting very painic feeling.  My doctor thinks that it is painic attacks, but I have tried the medicine that he gave and it does NOTHING.  I have done every test under the sun through my reg. doctor and my cardio doc.  My new heart doctor has referred me to Vanderbilt in December for further testing due to all of the test that have been done have shown NORMAL.?????     I have asked my reg. doctor about doing a 24 hour urine test before and he said "no" ???? ( he "does not want to go on a fishing expedition" !?!?!?! )

I have all the symptoms of Pheochromocytoma.. and or POTS... so I don't understand why??  
I have just learned about POTS after getting the paperwork back for the appt. at Vanderbilt.
i have the following:
Lightheaded, weak, shakey (shaky) hands (sometimes), chest pain, back pain, nausea, heart palps. so on  .......ect.  I also feel like my head sometimes is shaking, but it isn't ( I know thats weird, but don't know how to describe it).    IS THERE ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS THIS OR MAY KNOW IF I MAY HAVE THIS WITH THESE SYMPTOMS??  
I am just trying to see and am PRAYING that the doctors at Vanderbilt KNOW what they are donig and can Find and FIX THIS PROBLEM, what ever it is.  I'm a healthy 31yom, ( other than this ).
Tags: POTS
Sorry to hear you're having such difficulty.  POTS is a possibility, but it is a difficult diagnosis to make.  If your doctor thinks you might have POTS you could undergo a tilt-table test to see how you react.  Pheochromocytoma is extremely rare and you would have symptoms of intermittent headaches, sweatiness, and you would have severe high blood pressure during these episodes.  It sounds as if your symptoms are very distressing.  You should be tested for diabetes, and you should probably get in touch with a neurologist if you haven't seen one already.  Best of luck to you!