cramps from verapamil
I am taking verapamil daily with maxzide -  drinking alot of water and fluids daily to keep hydrated.
my main problem is, I get heavy cramping at times, in my upper back and shoulders. as well it seems my ankles swell - the maxzide works for about 8 hours then fades off around 5 or 6pm ..
thus ankles start to swell a bit..  what im asking does anyone know what to take or do , to stop the cramping ?  as it comes and goes unexpected . the ankles im due to see my doctor next friday
I expect a adjustment in the medications again !!   or change to something diffrent to stop the ankle bit !  b.p has been down in the daytime for about 8 to 12 hours.. then it goes up as the meds fade
.. as I keep records of my b.p readings daily.   just wondering if anyone has had problems with this
stuff happening to them ?  or am I the only one ??????  

thanks for any info posted   Boogernose
Are you taking a slow release type of Verapamil? Have you tried other CCB's? I tried Verapamil (slow release) years ago. I ended up in ER with chest pain, severe SOB, etc. I also got deep aches/cramps in my legs. They took me off the med and that solved the problems.

Recently they put me on a low dose of Diltiazem (another CCB) which is also a slow release formula. Other than mild headaches, dizziness and fatigue the first week, it's working out well for me. I read up a bit on the meds and sometimes doctors will start a patient on a low dose to avoid the more severe side effects and titrate up from there. Not sure what your history with Verapamil has been but these are some random thoughts.