crazy vitals
I think I am losing my mind!  A while ago I started experiencing very hard palpitations which I chalked up to a stressful job.  Now that I have retired, I am home a lot and have noticed that the palpitations are getting worse.  the strange thing is they only seem to occur when I am sitting down.  They are so strong that I started monitoring my bp and pulse with a meter that I was given.  The readings are all over the place and I only take them when I am relaxing in my easy chair because that is when it all seems to start.  Usually what I notice is an  elevated pressure with a low pulse rate.  I historically do not have high blood pressure.  On the  other hand, I also get readings with low bp and high pulse.  These readings range anywhere from 95/60 with heart rate of 101 to 196/98 & 47 beats/min.  it is now starting to happen while I am driving.  I can feel, see and sometimes hear my heart beat.  It is maddening!  I have had normal ecgs just recently and a great stress echo about a year ago.  Anybody relate to this?  What is going on?!

Hello and hope you are doing well.
A complete clinical examination and work up is important for confirming the exact cause of your illness. A fluctuating heart rate can be due to heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, smoking, drug or alcohol abuse, stress or medications. There can be nonmedical causes of fluctuations in blood pressure like tension, stress etc.Higher level of fluctuating blood pressure can lead to complications like stroke, paralysis, heart disease, to renal failure and death. It is best to see a cardiologist and get evaluated. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!