defibrillator implant recuperation time
I am meeting in a few weeks with a doc that will implant a defibrillator. I am eager to know what common recuperation time is, back to work (desk), driving, etc. Any info would be great. Thanks!
My Dad had one put in a few years ago. I just remember the restrictions about raising his arm and lifting things. It was a few weeks for those. As for driving and such, sorry, can't remember that. I'm sure the doctors will give you a list and timeline but it would help to know sooner so you can plan for the changes. Maybe you can google ICD procedure or implant.
I believe it was advised 6 weeks for not driving.  2 weeks for not lifting the arm above shoulder height. (plan on button up shirts, no pullovers. You will know why if you try to put on off or pull it off.)  I was going nuts after 3 months home from desk job, but stayed out for 6 months.  Restructured diet is ongoing.  Exercise is also ongoing.  Mostly walking.  
My dad also had an ICD implanted and had similar restrictions.  No lifting the arm on the side of the implant for about 4 weeks (until follow up appointment) and no driving.  He said sleeping was a little weird because he couldn't raise his arm on the pillow.  After a week or so, the incision was healed fairly well and he would forget about not lifting his arm.  We just kept reminding him not to do that.  My dad is retired so he didn't have to go back to work, but I would think a couple of weeks.  If you have driving restrictions beyond that, maybe someone can drive you to work (if you're ready to go back).

Good luck with the procedure.
I had the arm lifting restriction for a couple of weeks....I had no driving restrictions. My surgery was a Tuesday and I was driving by Friday,  back to work the following week.  Had the meds not put me out of it for 3 days, I could have returned to work sooner.  I have a desk job.  I think different docs have different criteria.  I had no pain after a couple of days.  Did screw up and raise my arm once, did no damage.
I think they figured my benis covered up to six months, so they put it to that time frame.  I think I could have gone back much sooner.