Heart Disease Expert Forum
depression as a side effect to Verapamil
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

depression as a side effect to Verapamil

Hi, I have high blood pressure, but I have found that most medications to control my high blood pressure have depression as a severe side effect, has anyone else experienced this and did you eventually find one that didn't cause depression.  I need to control my blood pressure, but I also suffer from depression and all the high blood pressure medications have increased my depression so much. Any help/comments to my question would be so much appreciated.  I am currently not on any meds for high blood pressure because I don't want to miss any more work due to depression.  My BP is currently 150/104 with a pulse of 104.